Design and Engineering
The Company’s engineering group has deep experience in high pressure natural gas situations, design configurations and Solidworks capabilities. Mainstay also has a formal R&D and product development effort, both internally and through relationships with research facilities such as CU-ICAR.
Mainstays products are designed, engineered and produced to meet the following qualifications and standards:
- Fueling systems meet NFPA 52-2013
- Adhere to best practices in SAE J2406 Recommended Practices for CNG Powered Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks-2002
- All Company systems include certified NGV1-2006 fueling connection devices
- Our systems only use CNG tanks/cylinder certified by the original manufacturer to meet NGV2 requirements
- Mainstay only uses trained and certified installers that meet CSA B109 standards
- All units tested and serialized for warranty, tracking and servicing functionality
Mainstay manufactures its fuel systems and components in a 60,000 square foot facility, located on I-85 in Piedmont, SC. Conveniently sited halfway between Atlanta and Charlotte, our plant is within 1-2 hours of the OE’s primary heavy duty truck production facilities.